Learn how to install Kodi (XBMC) to your iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) without jailbreak. Kodi is not available in the App Store, so you will need to sideload the app directly to your device. This guide will provide very simple step by step instructions so anyone install Kodi to their Apple device without jailbreaking their device.
Before we begin, this tutorial requires a computer running Mac OS X. Otherwise, you can follow our other tutorial here.
How-to Install Kodi (XBMC) to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod without Jailbreak
1. Connect iOS device to computer
2. Download and install Xcode from the App Store on your computer
3. Open Xcode and select ‘Create a new Xcode project’
4. Select iOS > Application > Single View Application and hit ‘Next’
5. Enter “Kodi” for Product Name and enter “com.FullName” (ex. com.JohnDoe) for Organization Identifier and hit “Next” (the Organization Identifier has to be unique which is why we suggest entering your full name)
6.. Create Git Repository anywhere on your computer
7. Make sure your device is selected.
8. You may see a “No matching provisioning profiles found”, hit “Fix Issue” and sign into your Apple ID account or select your Apple ID under “Team”
9. Download the latest Kodi .deb file here.
10. Download App Signer here.
10. Unzip App Signer, right-click iOS App Signer, and hit open
11. Select the Kodi .deb file as the “Input File”, select your profile for the “Signing Certificate” and “Provisioning Profile”, and hit “Start”
12. Save the .ipa file to your computer
13. In Xcode, go to Window > Devices
14. Select your iOS device and hit the plus (+) button
15. Select the .ipa file created in step 12 and Kodi will begin installing to your iOS device
Kodi is now installed!
If you are getting an “Untrusted Developer” message when opening Kodi:
Go to Settings > General > Device Management > Developer > Trust Developer